Re: TEST, PLEASE IGNORE ...

Joel N. Weber II (nemo@koa.iolani.honolulu.hi.us)
Tue, 7 Nov 1995 09:04:45 -1000 (HST)

On Mon, 6 Nov 1995, Jurgen Botz wrote:

> Mister Linux wrote:
> > And for all of you who do not: the VGER list processor lists me as on the
> > list, but i haven't get any messages since Oct. 24 ...
> >
> > So i decided to give it a test ...
>
> Well, it works, but something is wrong... I've gotten fewer than normal
> messages since about the 24th, and some messages dated from around the
> 24th have just been arriving over the last few days (such as Linus's
> announcement of 1.3.36... I had been running 37 for 5 days by the time
> I got the announcement of 36! It seems like part of the traffic is
> getting queued somewhere and the queue is not catching up...
Well the only kernel messages I've been getting are these tests... of
course this post probably just made the situation worse!

I am on the dosemu list on this server, and I have gotten a reply from to
the message (because I was in the to field) before I saw my message
reflected back to the server.
> --
> Jurgen Botz, jbotz@mtholyoke.edu C:\ONGRATNS.W95!
> "Unix? What's that? Is that like Linux?"
Yea sort of. To that I'd like to add "Solaris? What's that? Does that
look like Linux except not compile anything useful like bash?"