Re: SCSI build problem with Linux-1.3.37

Temptation (temp@temptation.interlog.com)
Mon, 6 Nov 1995 04:20:02 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 5 Nov 1995, Rob Browning wrote:

> First, an aside: I'm only now getting messages that were addressed to
> linux-kernel back on Oct 25 (specifically, messages from Linus were
> the ones I noticed).
>
> Anyway, while trying to do a "make zImage" with 1.3.37, I got the
> following error (I'm compiling support for the adaptec 2940):
you might want to go back a couple a kernels, the driver get messed up in
1.3.36-1.3.37 kernels, it might get fixed in 1.3.38 (not sure tho) (Dean
and Dan are working on another release) ( and 1.3.37+2940+beta driver
crash for me after running it for a week, so I don't think you want
1.3.37 anyway ;) not sure it was driver, or Kernel that crashed it
either)