Re: Still no IDE-CD in 1.3.25

Alex Farinas (afarinas@moscow.com)
Wed, 13 Sep 1995 13:45:05 -0700 (PDT)

I had some problems initially with my IDE-CD when I upgraded to the 1.3.25
kernel. What I did was use 'noprobe' as a kernel load option and
specifically defined 'cdrom' for that particular device.

My lilo.conf for this looks like:

append="ide0=serialize ide0=dtc2278 hdb=1046,16,63 hdd=noprobe hdc=cdrom"

I have a dtc=2278d interface with 2 IDE hard drives and the CDROM on
/dev/hdc.

I hope this helps.

--Alex Farinas