Re: loading aztcd.o as a module (fwd)

Callum McKenzie (callum@ernest.otago.ac.nz)
Wed, 12 Jul 1995 19:14:13 +1200 (NZST)

It was written :

> This from a friend of mine; he is not yet using Elf anything. I noticed
> with various of the elf patches that there was a rejection in aztcd.c;
> perhaps that is related. Does anyone use aztcd.c with modules *without*
> elf in 1.3.x?
>
> DCN

I recently compiled the 1.3.8 modules, I dont's use aztcd.o, but other modules broke. The error message was similar, an undefined symbol, but it was a
different symbol, _strlen, or something like that. I didn't have time to
investigate before 1.3.9 came out, I also checked out the modules for this
and it seems headed for a similar problem, but I'm more interested in a
working system at the moment than trying to go bug-hunting, so I've just
compiled what I want into the kernel.

In fact, I don't think the modules even fully compiled. The SCSI modules fell
over.