Re: Prebuilt LLVM 18.1.0-rc2 uploaded

From: Miguel Ojeda
Date: Sat Feb 10 2024 - 11:36:21 EST

On Thu, Feb 8, 2024 at 1:28 AM Nathan Chancellor <nathan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have built and uploaded a prebuilt version of LLVM 18.1.0-rc2 to
> https://mirrors.edge.kernel.org/pub/tools/llvm/.
>
> As with Linux -rc releases, this is not the final version that will
> ship. If you run across any issues, especially ones that were not
> present in earlier LLVM releases, please consider reporting them to us
> so that we have a chance to investigate and fix them before the final
> release.

I took a look at the LLVM 18 prerelease to see if these would work
with Rust for e.g. CI and other users (instead of using the
LLVM-provided apt ones, for instance), and noticed it does not bundle
`libclang.so`.

Would it be possible to include it so that we can use `bindgen` and
thus enable Rust with them?

I understand they are intended to be minimal toolchains, but if you
think it would not be an unreasonable overhead, then it would be great
to have it.

Either way, thanks for these toolchains, Nathan!

Cheers,
Miguel