Re: [linus:master] [eventfs] 852e46e239: BUG:unable_to_handle_page_fault_for_address

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Tue Jan 30 2024 - 13:24:05 EST

On Mon, 29 Jan 2024 19:56:52 -0800
Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [0005-eventfs-get-rid-of-dentry-pointers-without-refcounts.patch text/x-patch (15652 bytes)]

I missed this email when I wrote basically the same thing :-p

It was sent just as I went to bed and this morning I mistaken it as an
email I already read. When you mentioned that your last patch was on top of
your other 5, I said to myself, "Wait? there's five?" and went back though
this thread looking at every email with an attachment. Well, even though I
duplicated your work, I'll take that as a learning experience.

Anyway, I'm assuming that the other 4 patches are exactly the same as the
previous version, as applying patches from attachments is a manual process.
I don't even develop on the machine with my email client, so it either is
me downloading each and scp'ing them over to my development box or finding
the lore link and going through them individually one by one.

I know you don't send patches inlined anymore, which is a shame, because
patchwork takes care of all the administering when patches are inlined, and
I don't miss patches like I use to.

So, I'll down load patch 5 here and just assume that I already have your
other 4 patches from the previous email.

-- Steve