Re: [linus:master] [eventfs] 852e46e239: BUG:unable_to_handle_page_fault_for_address

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Mon Jan 29 2024 - 19:35:48 EST

On Mon, 29 Jan 2024 16:01:25 -0800
Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'll go see what's up with the "create it again" case - I don't
> immediately see what's wrong.

Interesting. I added a printk in the lookup, and just did this:

# cd /sys/kernel/tracing
# ls events/kprobes

And it showed that it tried to see if "kprobes" existed in the lookup.
Which it did not because I haven't created any kprobes yet.

Then I did:

# echo 'p:sched schedule' >> /sys/kernel/tracing/kprobe_events
# ls -l events/kprobes/
ls: cannot access 'events/kprobes/': No such file or directory

Where it should now exist but doesn't. But the lookup code never triggered.

If the lookup fails, does it cache the result?

-- Steve