Re: [linus:master] [eventfs] 852e46e239: BUG:unable_to_handle_page_fault_for_address

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Jan 29 2024 - 19:01:57 EST

On Mon, 29 Jan 2024 at 14:49, Steven Rostedt <rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Now I didn't change this last d_instantiate, because this is not called
> through the lookup code. This is the root events directory and acts more
> like debugfs. It's not "dynamically" added.

Ahh, yes, I see, the dentry was created (as a negative one) with
tracefs_start_creating() -> lookup_one_len().

So yes, there d_instantiate() is correct, as it's exactly that "turn
negative dentry into a positive one" case.

I'll go see what's up with the "create it again" case - I don't
immediately see what's wrong.

Linus