[btrfs] commit bc27d6f0aa0e4de184b617aceeaf25818cc646de breaks update-grub

From: Alex Romosan
Date: Mon Jan 08 2024 - 09:12:00 EST

Please Cc me as I am not subscribed to the list.

Running my own compiled kernel without initramfs on a lenovo thinkpad
x1 carbon gen 7.

Since version 6.7-rc1 i haven't been able to to a grub-update, instead
i get this error:

grub-probe: error: cannot find a device for / (is /dev mounted?) solid
state drive

6.6 was the last version that worked.

Today I did a git-bisect between these two versions which identified
commit bc27d6f0aa0e4de184b617aceeaf25818cc646de btrfs: scan but don't
register device on single device filesystem as the culprit. reverting
this commit from 6.7 final allowed me to run update-grub again.

not sure if this is the intended behavior or if i'm missing some other
kernel options. any help/fixes would be appreciated.

thank you.

--alex--