Linux 6.7-rc8

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sun Dec 31 2023 - 16:05:16 EST

So as expected, pretty much nothing happened over the holiday week.
We've got literally just 45 files changed, and almost a third of those
files aren't even kernel code (ie things like selftests, scripting,
Kconfig and maintainer file updates). And some of the rest is
prep-work and cleanups for future (real) changes.

But we do have a couple of real fixes in there, and I suspect we'll
get a few more next week as people come back from their food-induced
torpor.

So rc8 is mostly just a placeholder, and a "I do rc's each week,
whether they matter or not". Shortlog appended for completeness.

And hey, regardless of whether all you peeps are interested in testing
another rc or not, here's to hoping you all had a good 2023, and
wishes for an even better 2024!

Linus

---

Alvin Šipraga (2):
get_maintainer: correctly parse UTF-8 encoded names in files
get_maintainer: remove stray punctuation when cleaning file emails

Andy Shevchenko (2):
MAINTAINERS: Remove Andy from GPIO maintainers
MAINTAINERS: Add a missing file to the INTEL GPIO section

Arnd Bergmann (2):
kexec: fix KEXEC_FILE dependencies
kexec: select CRYPTO from KEXEC_FILE instead of depending on it

Baokun Li (1):
mm/filemap: avoid buffered read/write race to read inconsistent data

Bartosz Golaszewski (1):
MAINTAINERS: split out the uAPI into a new section

Charan Teja Kalla (1):
mm: migrate high-order folios in swap cache correctly

Christoph Hellwig (1):
block: renumber QUEUE_FLAG_HW_WC

Coly Li (1):
badblocks: avoid checking invalid range in badblocks_check()

David E. Box (3):
platform/x86/intel/pmc: Add suspend callback
platform/x86/intel/pmc: Allow reenabling LTRs
platform/x86/intel/pmc: Move GBE LTR ignore to suspend callback

David Laight (3):
locking/osq_lock: Move the definition of optimistic_spin_node
into osq_lock.c
locking/osq_lock: Clarify osq_wait_next() calling convention
locking/osq_lock: Clarify osq_wait_next()

Edward Adam Davis (1):
keys, dns: Fix missing size check of V1 server-list header

Helge Deller (2):
linux/export: Fix alignment for 64-bit ksymtab entries
linux/export: Ensure natural alignment of kcrctab array

Jialu Xu (1):
gen_compile_commands.py: fix path resolve with symlinks in it

Kent Overstreet (4):
bcachefs: fix BCH_FSCK_ERR enum
bcachefs: Fix insufficient disk reservation with compression + snapshots
bcachefs: Fix leakage of internal error code
bcachefs: Fix promotes

Linus Torvalds (1):
Linux 6.7-rc8

Masahiro Yamada (1):
kbuild: fix build ID symlinks to installed debug VDSO files

Matthew Wilcox (Oracle) (4):
mm/memory-failure: pass the folio and the page to collect_procs()
mm/memory-failure: check the mapcount of the precise page
mm/memory-failure: cast index to loff_t before shifting it
mailmap: add an old address for Naoya Horiguchi

Muhammad Usama Anjum (1):
selftests: secretmem: floor the memory size to the multiple of page_size

Namjae Jeon (1):
ksmbd: fix slab-out-of-bounds in smb_strndup_from_utf16()

Nathan Chancellor (1):
MAINTAINERS: Add scripts/clang-tools to Kbuild section

Nico Pache (1):
kunit: kasan_test: disable fortify string checker on kmalloc_oob_memset

Shin'ichiro Kawasaki (1):
platform/x86: p2sb: Allow p2sb_bar() calls during PCI device probe

Sidhartha Kumar (1):
maple_tree: do not preallocate nodes for slot stores

Stefan Hajnoczi (1):
virtio_blk: fix snprintf truncation compiler warning

Steven Rostedt (Google) (4):
eventfs: Fix file and directory uid and gid ownership
ring-buffer: Fix wake ups when buffer_percent is set to 100
tracing: Fix blocked reader of snapshot buffer
ftrace: Fix modification of direct_function hash while in use

Xuan Zhuo (1):
virtio_ring: fix syncs DMA memory with different direction