Re: 6.6.8 stable: crash in folio_mark_dirty

From: Matthew Wilcox
Date: Sun Dec 31 2023 - 15:59:17 EST

On Sat, Dec 30, 2023 at 10:23:26AM -0500, Genes Lists wrote:
> Apologies in advance, but I cannot git bisect this since machine was
> running for 10 days on 6.6.8 before this happened.

This problem simply doesn't make sense. There's just no way we shoud be
able to get a not-uptodate folio into the page tables. We do have one
pending patch which fixes a situation in which we can get some very
odd-looking situations due to reusing a page which has been freed.
I appreciate your ability to reproduce this is likely nil, but if you
could add

https://lore.kernel.org/all/20231220214715.912B4C433CA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

to your kernel, it might make things more stable for you.