Re: [REGRESSION] Platforms supporting SGX fail to kexec due to 96c6b8f212a ("memblock: report failures when memblock_can_resize is not set")

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Sat Dec 30 2023 - 04:49:03 EST

On Thu, Dec 28, 2023 at 04:33:49PM -0800, Ashok Raj wrote:
> Hi
>
> 96c6b8f212a ("memblock: report failures when memblock_can_resize is not set")
>
> Causes kexec failure. Backing out this change, kexec succeeds. Symptom is
> it appears to hang, possibly hung at the panic. Although I have the
> earlyprintk enabled, I don't see any console messages when new kernel
> boots.
>
> Also tested turning off CONFIG_X86_SGX, the kernel with this commit
> included also kexec's fine.
>
> Booting from warm/cold reset has no issues. Only kexec to new kernel with
> this change included and CONFIG_X86_SGX=y causes the kexec failure.
>
> #regzbot introduced: 96c6b8f212a

Leaving in the whole mail for the people who you should have CCed. Lemme
CC them.

$ git show 96c6b8f212a
fatal: ambiguous argument '96c6b8f212a': unknown revision or path not in the working tree.

/me greps a bit.

Ah, you've dropped the first char of the sha1 - an 'e':

$ git show e96c6b8f212a
commit e96c6b8f212a510c9b22362de519f6e1d7920de5
memblock: report failures when memblock_can_resize is not set

Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

https://people.kernel.org/tglx/notes-about-netiquette