[REGRESSION] Platforms supporting SGX fail to kexec due to 96c6b8f212a ("memblock: report failures when memblock_can_resize is not set")

From: Ashok Raj
Date: Thu Dec 28 2023 - 19:34:06 EST

Hi

96c6b8f212a ("memblock: report failures when memblock_can_resize is not set")

Causes kexec failure. Backing out this change, kexec succeeds. Symptom is
it appears to hang, possibly hung at the panic. Although I have the
earlyprintk enabled, I don't see any console messages when new kernel
boots.

Also tested turning off CONFIG_X86_SGX, the kernel with this commit
included also kexec's fine.

Booting from warm/cold reset has no issues. Only kexec to new kernel with
this change included and CONFIG_X86_SGX=y causes the kexec failure.

#regzbot introduced: 96c6b8f212a
--
Cheers,
Ashok