Failed to start Raise network interfaces error

From: Julia Lawall
Date: Sun Dec 10 2023 - 17:28:33 EST

Hello,

Starting with the commit:

commit 9e479d64dc58f11792f638ea2e8eff3304edaabf
Author: Ivan Vecera <ivecera@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri Oct 13 19:07:51 2023 +0200

i40e: Add initial devlink support

I am not able to boot normally. The console shows the message

Failed to start Raise network interfaces

Searching for this message on th internet produces some old discussions
that suggest to look at the file /etc/network/interfaces. That file on my
system contains:

source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto enp24s0f0
iface enp24s0f0 inet dhcp

The machine in question is part of a cluster, and may be set up in a
specific way. It actually does boot, in the sense that I get a
login prompt, but it doesn't seem to be reachable from the outside.

The above failure message is followed by a message about the inability to
retrieve a file that is part of the local setup process. I can find out
more about what is supposed to be done with this file.

Please let me know if there is any further information I can provide.

thanks,
julia