Re: Radeon regression in 6.6 kernel

From: Linux regression tracking (Thorsten Leemhuis)
Date: Sun Nov 19 2023 - 08:49:00 EST

On 19.11.23 14:24, Bagas Sanjaya wrote:

>>> Hmm, not a single reply from the amdgpu folks. Wondering how we can
>>> encourage them to look into this.
>>>
>>> Phillip, reporting issues by mail should still work, but you might have
>>> more luck here, as that's where the amdgpu afaics prefer to track bugs:
>>> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/-/issues
>>>
>>> When you file an issue there, please mention it here.
>>>
>>> Furthermore it might help if you could verify if 6.7-rc1 (or rc2, which
>>> comes out later today) or 6.6.2-rc1 improve things.

BTW, ignore the "6.6.2-rc1" here, I misunderstood one detail earlier. Sorry.

>> It would also be good to test if reverting any of these is possible or not.

Good point, sorry, forgot to mention that.

> Hi Dave,
>
> AFAIK commit c07bf1636f0005 ("MAINTAINERS: Update the GPU Scheduler email")
> doesn't seem to do with this regression as it doesn't change any amdgpu code
> that may introduce the regression.

Bagas, sorry for being blunt here, I know you mean well. But I feel the
need to say the following in the open, as this otherwise falls back on
me and regression tracking.

Stating the above is not very helpful, as Dave for sure will know.
Telling Phillip that he likely can skip that commit might have been
something different. But I guess even for most users that are able to do
a bisection it's obvious and maybe not worth pointing out.

Ciao, Thorsten