Re: [syzbot] [mm?] general protection fault in hugetlb_vma_lock_read

From: Mike Kravetz
Date: Thu Nov 16 2023 - 12:32:46 EST

On 11/16/23 15:53, xingwei lee wrote:
> Hello, since I found there is no reproduce from then to now. I try to
> reproduce this bug to generate repro.c.
> Maybe this bug is the same bug as [syzbot] [mm?] general protection fault
> in hugetlb_vma_lock_write I guess...
> But no matter what, with the reproduce.c, we can quickly fix this bug or
> check the correctness of our fix.

I am not sure what fix you suggested for this issue. The following was
sent upstream and is now included in Andrew's tree and linux-next.

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-mm/20231114012033.259600-1-mike.kravetz@xxxxxxxxxx/

I tested with a reproducer previously provided by syzbot, and assume this
resolves the issue with your reproducer as well.
--
Mike Kravetz