Re: mlx5 ConnectX diagnostic misc driver

From: Saeed Mahameed
Date: Thu Oct 19 2023 - 13:59:24 EST

On 19 Oct 09:23, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
On Thu, 19 Oct 2023 13:01:45 -0300 Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
Do you have a lore link?

No, it was pitched at conferences:

Last year's LPC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGR9ZCeiW-E

Yes this was one of the problems I discussed at LPC, please keep in mind
that I raised multiple other unrelated problems too.

In this project we discuss the debug-ability features only,
The orchestration features are a separate project that is still
on-going work to be under devlink.

We all agreed that devlink isn't the place for such vast device debug
options, hence this is our proposal, a separate aux device that works in unison with other aux devices such as virtio, vpda,rdma,netdev, etc ..
This year's netconf / KR, but Saeed didn't have slides:
https://netdev.bots.linux.dev/netconf/2023/index.html

At netconf/KR I only discussed the orchestration project we are working
on to improve an going work we are doing, multi netdev interface, such
as the socket direct issue we discussed, this has nothing to do with this project proposal which cover RDMA,VDPA,netdev,virtio,Blue-Field,
etc .. ConnectX debug-ability and diagnosis problem.

Really, you should be asking Saeed this, not me.