Re: [GIT PULL] firewire updates for 6.5-rc1

From: Takashi Sakamoto
Date: Tue Oct 03 2023 - 20:24:17 EST

Hi Jiri,

As long as seeing your recent conversation with your reporter, it looks
to be an issue specific to the reporter's 1394 OHCI hardware. I suspect
a quirk specific to it related to accessing to CYCLE_TIME register in
early time after powering on. It is the reason that I can regenerate the
issue in my set of hardware.

Would I ask you to request the reporter to inform the detail of
hardware? If possible, let the reporter open PC box and take some picture
of the hardware so that we can identify the ICs on the hardware?

Via pci.ids, we can see both 'ASM1083/1085' and 'VT6306/7/8' are used,
while I need to identify the IC to purchase an alternative so that I can
regenerate the issue.

Thanks

Takashi Sakamoto