Re: [GIT PULL] firewire updates for 6.5-rc1

From: Jiri Slaby
Date: Mon Oct 02 2023 - 06:42:16 EST

On 01. 10. 23, 7:15, Takashi Sakamoto wrote:
Just now I installed openSUSE Tumbleweed, however I found no issue on my 1394 OHCI
hardware. I would like to ask your current opinion for the issue?

Hi,

let's wait for the result of bisection. ATM, the cause appears to be one of:
147e9d3af34a firewire: cdev: code refactoring to operate event of response
39ce342c3a4b firewire: core: implement variations to send request and wait for response with time stamp
dcadfd7f7c74 firewire: core: use union for callback of transaction completion

I don't see the problem in them immediately. Do you?

My current bet is the last one. But why the heck the machine resets immediately?

thanks,
--
js
suse labs