Re: [RFC] mtd: Fix error code loss in mtdchar_read() function.

From: Richard Weinberger
Date: Mon Sep 25 2023 - 10:03:14 EST

----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----
> Von: "ZhaoLong Wang" <wangzhaolong1@xxxxxxxxxx>
> An: "Miquel Raynal" <miquel.raynal@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "richard" <richard@xxxxxx>, "Vignesh Raghavendra" <vigneshr@xxxxxx>

Given this a second thought. I don't think a NAND driver is allowed to return
less than requests bytes and setting EBADMSG.
UBI's IO path has a comment on that:

/*
* The driver should never return -EBADMSG if it failed to read
* all the requested data. But some buggy drivers might do
* this, so we change it to -EIO.
*/
if (read != len && mtd_is_eccerr(err)) {
ubi_assert(0);
err = -EIO;
}

Thanks,