Re: Contributing subsequent patch versions

From: Oscar Megia López
Date: Sun Jul 30 2023 - 03:11:38 EST

"Theodore Ts'o" <tytso@xxxxxxx> writes:

> On Fri, Jul 28, 2023 at 08:36:50PM +0200, Oscar Megia López wrote:
>> I don't know correct steps to send patch's v2 as above instance. Sorry,
>> but I need step by step instructions, if not I think that I can make
>> mistakes and I don't want. Sorry, but my experience says that is very
>> easy make mistakes when I am newbie.
>
> We all make mistakes; don't worry about it! This includes myself,
> which is why I often will run:
>
> git format-patch -o /tmp/p -5
>
> <then examine the patches in /tmp/p very carefully to make sure they make sense>
>
> before I run
>
> git send-email /tmp/e --to linux-<subsystem>
>
> where I have a bunch of aliases in ~/.mail_aliases, e.g.:

Thank you very much Ted for your help and your time. I really appreciate
it.

I apologize for my doubts, but I've always been told that I'm
different because I doubt everything. Sometimes is good and sometimes is
not good.

In my experience, I believe that asking for help from someone who knows
much more is the right way to act when you don't know how solve issue.

--
Regards
Oscar Megia López