Re: [Enable Designware XGMAC VLAN Stripping Feature 1/2] dt-bindings: net: snps,dwmac: Add description for rx-vlan-offload

From: Geert Uytterhoeven
Date: Tue Jul 25 2023 - 03:36:01 EST

Hi Joe,

On Tue, Jul 25, 2023 at 6:22 AM Joe Perches <joe@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I do suggest you instead write wrapper scripts to get
> the output you want rather than updating the defaults
> for the script and update the process documentation
> to let other people know what do to as well.
>
> Something akin to Mario Limonciello's suggestion back in 2022:
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20220617183215.25917-1-mario.limonciello@xxxxxxx/

FTR, this is more or less what I am using to generate a script
to send out patches:

OUT=...
echo git send-email \\ > $OUT
# Add -cc
# Wrap comment inside $(: ...)
# Replace (...) in comment by [...]
# Replace ] at EOL by ) again
# Add continuation to EOL
scripts/get_maintainer.pl $* | \
tr -d \" | \
sed -e 's/^/--cc "/' \
-e 's/ (/" $(: /' \
-e 's/ (/ [/' -e 's/)/]/' \
-e 's/]$/)/' \
tee -a $OUT
echo "*[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]-*.*" >> $OUT

After generation, I edit the script to
- Replace some --cc by --to,
- Add/remove some people,
and run "source $OUT" to send the patches...

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

Geert

-- Linus Torvalds