Re: next: kernel BUG at fs/ext4/mballoc.c:4369!

From: Theodore Ts'o
Date: Mon Jul 17 2023 - 17:34:53 EST

On Mon, Jul 17, 2023 at 08:04:54PM +0530, Ritesh Harjani wrote:

> These can basically trigger in extremely low memory space and only when
> such ranges exist in the PA rbtree. Hence, I guess it is a little hard
> to tigger race.

Ritesh, thanks for looking into this!

Naresh, how easy is it for you to trigger the BUG when using LTP? I
did two xfstests runs using "gce-xfstests -c ext2/default -g auto",
one on the ext4 dev branch, and one on linux-next 20230717, and I
wasn't able to trigger the BUG.

If you can trivially trigger it using LTP (perhaps with a low memory
configuration in your test setup?), that would be useful to know.

Cheers,

- Ted