Re: lib/test_bitmap.c:920:2: error: call to __compiletime_assert_348 declared with 'error' attribute: BUILD_BUG_ON failed: !__builtin_constant_p(res)

From: Yury Norov
Date: Mon Jul 17 2023 - 14:09:08 EST

On Mon, Jul 17, 2023 at 09:35:49AM -0700, Nick Desaulniers wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 17, 2023 at 3:04 AM Andy Shevchenko
> <andriy.shevchenko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Jul 17, 2023 at 12:42:57PM +0800, kernel test robot wrote:
> > > Hi Alexander,
> > >
> > > FYI, the error/warning still remains.
> >
> > Alexander, either you can escalate this or just propose something to discuss.
>
> https://github.com/ClangBuiltLinux/linux/issues/1874
> Sorry, a few more fires have popped up in the meantime. Regardless of
> changes to the compiler, we still support many versions of clang for
> the kernel, so we'd need some workaround in the tests regardless. I
> saw there was already one for s390 + clang, but from this report we
> will need another. Feel free to use that link above in comments in the
> tests; we will clean those up once I have a better grasp on what's
> going on with the compiler here.

So, it's:
- not related to bitmap code,
- not only s390 issue, and
- fires with CLANG when GCOV and KASAN are enabled together.

Is that correct? If so, I can disable the test for CLANG+GCOV+KASAN
configuration unless the above is fixed.

Nick, can you please confirm?

Because it's a build breaker, I'd like to have it fixed in v6.5.

Thanks,
Yury