Re: Backporting commits for generating rpi dtb symbols to stable

From: Aurelien Jarno
Date: Sun Jul 16 2023 - 16:09:56 EST

Hi,

On 2023-07-16 18:24, Pali Rohár wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I see that raspberry pi bootloader throws ton of warnings when supplied
> DTB file does not contain /__symbols__/ node.
>
> On RPI 1B rev1 it looks like this:
>
> dterror: no symbols found
> dterror: no symbols found
> dterror: no symbols found
> dterror: no symbols found
> dterror: no symbols found
> dterror: no symbols found
> dterror: no symbols found
> dterror: no symbols found
> dterror: no symbols found
> dterror: no symbols found

Do you have those errors with the default configuration? On a RPI 4,
this only happens when setting uart_2ndstage to 1 in config.txt.
According to the documentation, this option enables diagnostic
information from the main firmware.

Unless this is different on RPI 1B, this means we are talking about a
warning that happens when enabling diagnostic information, so I am not
sure it warrants a change to stable kernels.

Regards
Aurelien

--
Aurelien Jarno GPG: 4096R/1DDD8C9B