Re: [GIT PULL] bcachefs

From: Kent Overstreet
Date: Thu Jul 06 2023 - 12:34:13 EST

On Thu, Jul 06, 2023 at 10:26:34AM -0600, Jens Axboe wrote:
> On 7/6/23 9:20?AM, Kent Overstreet wrote:
> >> My earlier mail clearly said that io_uring can be changed by Jens pretty
> >> quickly to not cause such test failures.
> >
> > Jens posted a fix that didn't actually fix anything, and after that it
> > seemed neither of you were interested in actually fixing this. So
> > based on that, maybe we need to consider switching fstests back to AIO
> > just so we can get work done...
>
> Yeah let's keep misrepresenting... I already showed how to hit this
> easily with aio, and you said you'd fix aio. But nothing really happened
> there, unsurprisingly.

Jens, your test case showing that this happens on aio too was
appreciated: I was out of town for the holiday weekend, and I'm just now
back home catching up and fixing your test case is the first thing I'm
working on.

But like I said, this wasn't causing test failures when we were using
AIO, it's only since we switched to io_uring that this has become an
issue, and I'm not the only one telling you this is an issue, so ball
very much in your court.

> You do what you want, as per usual these threads just turn into an
> unproductive (and waste of time) shit show. Muted on my end from now on.

Ok.