Re: memory leak in do_epoll_create

From: Eric Biggers
Date: Fri May 19 2023 - 14:57:10 EST

On Fri, May 19, 2023 at 04:30:26PM +0800, 范俊杰 wrote:
> Hi Kernel maintainers,
>
> Our tool found a new bug memory leak in do_epoll_create in Kernel commit
> v5.14.

v5.14 is almost 2 years old. Why are you testing such an old kernel version?
This bug could have already been fixed almost 2 years ago.

Also, if you think this is a bug in eventpoll, this report should be sent to
linux-fsdevel, as per './scripts/get_maintainer.pl fs/eventpoll.c'. It's
unclear why you are sending this report to linux-scsi.

> The report is as below and this bug don't have a repro C program until
> now. Please inform me if you confirm this is a reproducible bug.

I think you answered your own question. It doesn't have a reproducer;
therefore, it's not reproducible.

- Eric