Re: KASAN: soft lockup in paste_selection

From: gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri May 12 2023 - 07:33:06 EST

On Fri, May 12, 2023 at 08:28:26AM +0000, zhangqiumiao wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We found the following issue using syzkaller on Linux v5.10.0.

5.10.0 is very old and obsolete and over 20 thousand patches old.
Please, if you are testing LTS kernels, use the latest one.

> A similar issue was found in function `paste_selection` before and
> I believe they are the same.
> (https://lore.kernel.org/all/000000000000fe769905d315a1b7@xxxxxxxxxx/)
>
> Unfortunately, no one seems to be paying attention to this issue.

Do you have a proposed patch for this fix now that you have a way to
reproduce this? Do you see this in real situations or only in
fault-injection systems running syzbot?

And can you reproduce this on 6.4-rc1? Do you have a reproducer?

thanks,

greg k-h