Re: vPASID capability for VF

From: Alex Williamson
Date: Tue May 09 2023 - 20:32:14 EST

On Tue, 9 May 2023 23:41:44 +0000
"Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

Have a peak at the config space of an NVIDIA GPU and tell me which of
those non-zero fields between capabilities are used as well. Glass
houses... ;-)

IIRC we originally needed to enable this for a Broadcom NIC that
stuffed device specific registers in un-architected config space. The
capabilities we're {un}hiding are architected things that we know are
unsupported or unsafe, the gaps, just like device specific
capabilities, we're obliged to expose for functionality. Thanks,

Alex