Re: [Lsf-pc] Fwd: [LSF/MM/BPF TOPIC] userspace control of memory management

From: Matthew Wilcox
Date: Fri Apr 28 2023 - 10:55:01 EST

On Fri, Apr 28, 2023 at 04:18:16PM +0200, Michal Hocko wrote:
> For some reason I cannot find this email in my linux-mm inbox and I
> cannot find it in any archives so let me add linux-mm and lkml again for
> future reference.

Hm, I found it by searching for 'lsf' on lore.kernel.org in the linux-mm
archive.

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-mm/CAPTztWYAiroY3E8pwB+rnPGA1K9HLhkpQp1Gy9C1dEuS1FhWGg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

Here are the other topics I found:

Eliminate vmap/vmalloc lock contention
Reducing direct map fragmentation
Stable process
Phyrs discussion
Live migration over CXL
SMDK MM changes for CXL
Sunsetting buffer_heads
HGM for hugetlbfs
Reducing zombie memcgs
Swap abstraction / native zswap
SLOB/SLAB allocator removal + future SLUB improvements
Session for CXL memory
Memory profiling using code tagging
Cloud storage optimizations
Flexible orders for anonymous folios
VM Memory Overcommit
State of The Page
Userspace control of memory management
IOMAP conversion status update
DAMON Updates and Future Plans
Make BPF memory allocator more robust
Virtual Machine Memory Passthrough
Scalable Pagefaults
Single Owner Memory
CXL Fabric Manager Architecture
Using hardware counters to determine hot/cold pages
Sframe: An orc like stack unwinder
Mm docs
Tracing mapped pages for quicker boot performance

(not all of these are the exact titles used by the authors)