Re: Aw: Re: [net v2] net: ethernet: mtk_eth_soc: drop generic vlan rx offload, only use DSA untagging

From: Arınç ÜNAL
Date: Wed Apr 26 2023 - 13:59:56 EST

Hi
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 26. April 2023 um 19:25 Uhr
Von: "Arınç ÜNAL" <arinc.unal@xxxxxxxxxx>

tested this on bananapi-r3 on non-dsa gmac1 and dsa eth0 (wan).
on both vlan is working, but maybe it breaks HW-vlan-untagging

I'm confused by this. What is HW-vlan-untagging, and which SoCs do you
think this patch would break this feature? How can I utilise this
feature on Linux so I can confirm whether it works or not?

oh, you mean my wording about "hw-vlan-untagging"...i mean the hw vlan offload feature which may
not be working on non-mt7621/7622 devices as i have no idea how to check this. i hope felix can
answer this. at least the feature activeated on mt7986 breaks sw-vlan on the gmac1 (without
switch).

The "hw vlan offload" feature being broken on non-mt7621/7622 devices is already established, hence this patch disabling it for the non-mt7621/7622 devices. I still don't understand why you're mentioning it in this way, unless you're trying to say something else?

Could you also not trim the relevant parts of the mail on your response. It's getting hard to keep track of the conversation.

Arınç