Aw: Re: [net v2] net: ethernet: mtk_eth_soc: drop generic vlan rx offload, only use DSA untagging

From: Frank Wunderlich
Date: Wed Apr 26 2023 - 13:52:54 EST

Hi
> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 26. April 2023 um 19:25 Uhr
> Von: "Arınç ÜNAL" <arinc.unal@xxxxxxxxxx>

> > tested this on bananapi-r3 on non-dsa gmac1 and dsa eth0 (wan).
> > on both vlan is working, but maybe it breaks HW-vlan-untagging
>
> I'm confused by this. What is HW-vlan-untagging, and which SoCs do you
> think this patch would break this feature? How can I utilise this
> feature on Linux so I can confirm whether it works or not?

oh, you mean my wording about "hw-vlan-untagging"...i mean the hw vlan offload feature which may
not be working on non-mt7621/7622 devices as i have no idea how to check this. i hope felix can
answer this. at least the feature activeated on mt7986 breaks sw-vlan on the gmac1 (without
switch).

regards Frank