Re: [regression] Bug 217218 - Trying to boot Linux version 6-2.2 kernel with Marvell SATA controller 88SE9235

From: Christoph Hellwig
Date: Sun Apr 16 2023 - 02:55:26 EST

Hi Jason,

sorry for the late reply. I had some email issues and am still
recovering from the backlog.

On Fri, Mar 31, 2023 at 10:20:37AM +0800, Jason Adriaanse wrote:
> Hi Christoph and Robin,
>
> Christoph - I would like to send you more dmesg information but as my boot
> device cannot be detected that information is not being written to disk. Is
> there any way to specifically write boot debug information to say a USB
> device with some kernel parameters?

I don't know of any good way. pstore has some ways to save kernel
messages, but it doesn't work to well with normal block devices in
case of crashes.

I'm a bit lost at the moment.

Two ideas I have, would be to

1) boot with the intel_iommu=off kernel command line
3) build a kernel with CONFIG_INTEL_IOMMU

and see if that works and report the dmesg.