Re: Regarding checkpatch camelcase issues

From: Guru Mehar Rachaputi
Date: Sat Feb 04 2023 - 18:46:40 EST

On Sat, Feb 04, 2023 at 02:40:41PM +0700, Bagas Sanjaya wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 04, 2023 at 05:25:38AM +0100, Guru Mehar Rachaputi wrote:
> > Thanks for your support.
> >
> > I wanted to confirm if each checkpatch encounter for camelcase issue should
> > be fixed in a new patch?
> >
> > For example: If the issue is with same variable, then multiple
> > modifications can be made in one patch.
> >
> > -> above example is OK
> >

> > For example: If the issue is with multiple variables, then multiple
> > modifications can be made in one patch.
> >
> > -> above example is NOT OK / NG
> >

> > Please confirm me if my understanding is correct?
> >

> I guess you have generated a patch series, then check it through
> checkpatch.
>
> Indeed, if checkpatch complains at a particular patch, you need to do
> interactive rebase. Make sure that rebase todo list contains "edit"
> lines on commit you want to fix up. After that, fix these complaints.
>
> When you're done, regenerate the patch series and make sure that there
> are no checkpatch complains on it.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> An old man doll... just what I always wanted! - Clara

Thanks for the reply
I guess I was not clear. When I run checkpatch on a driver there
were so many camelcase issues in each file. So I wanted to know if I
proceed to fix them, should I submit each change as a patch or each file
as a patch?
Since each file has many camelcase issue and the driver has morethan one
such file.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Guru