Re: Regarding checkpatch camelcase issues

From: Bagas Sanjaya
Date: Sat Feb 04 2023 - 02:45:19 EST

On Sat, Feb 04, 2023 at 05:25:38AM +0100, Guru Mehar Rachaputi wrote:
> Thanks for your support.
>
> I wanted to confirm if each checkpatch encounter for camelcase issue should
> be fixed in a new patch?
>
> For example: If the issue is with same variable, then multiple
> modifications can be made in one patch.
>
> -> above example is OK
>

> For example: If the issue is with multiple variables, then multiple
> modifications can be made in one patch.
>
> -> above example is NOT OK / NG
>

> Please confirm me if my understanding is correct?

I guess you have generated a patch series, then check it through
checkpatch.

Indeed, if checkpatch complains at a particular patch, you need to do
interactive rebase. Make sure that rebase todo list contains "edit"
lines on commit you want to fix up. After that, fix these complaints.

When you're done, regenerate the patch series and make sure that there
are no checkpatch complains on it.

Thanks.

--
An old man doll... just what I always wanted! - Clara