Re: linux-next: manual merge of the thermal tree with the pm tree

From: Geert Uytterhoeven
Date: Tue Nov 29 2022 - 09:33:11 EST

Hi Daniel,

On Mon, Nov 28, 2022 at 3:08 PM Daniel Lezcano
<daniel.lezcano@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 28/11/2022 14:48, Bagas Sanjaya wrote:

> >> Yes sorry for that, I'll go back in a couple of days and sort this out
> >
> > What about the upcoming merge window? At worst Linus has to figure
> > out how to solve this complex conflict when pulling either tree...
> >
> > Linus has already said that there's likely -rc8 of current cycle [1],
> > so we have about two weeks to try sorting out the conflict and be ready
> > for PR to him.
>
> Thanks for the pointer.
>
> I've been quickly through the changes for the thermal tree and I think I
> should be able to sort out most of the patches before the end of this
> week, hopefully. If there are any changes which sound too complex, I'll
> post pone them to the next release

I gave it a try for today's renesas-drivers release.
Does the conflict] resolution in [1] look good to you?

Thanks!

[1] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/geert/renesas-drivers.git/commit/?h=renesas-drivers-2022-11-29-v6.1-rc7&id=9b249c2e655ef25473afbcdae85453c66eb288be

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

Geert