Re: mm: delay rmap removal until after TLB flush

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Nov 08 2022 - 15:04:30 EST

On Mon, Nov 7, 2022 at 8:28 PM Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm sending this out because I'm stepping away from the keyboard,
> because that whole "let's massage it into something legible" was
> really somewhat exhausting. You don't see all the small side turns it
> took only to go "that's ugly, let's try again" ;)

Ok, I actually sent the individual patches with 'git-send-email',
although I only sent them to the mailing list and to people that were
mentioned in the commit descriptions.

I hope that makes review easier.

See

https://lore.kernel.org/all/20221108194139.57604-1-torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

for the series if you weren't mentioned and are interested.

Oh, and because I decided to just use the email in this thread as the
reference and cover letter, it turns out that this all confuses 'b4',
because it actually walks up the whole thread all the way to the
original 13-patch series by PeterZ that started this whole discussion.

I've seen that before with other peoples patch series, but now that it
happened to my own, I'm cc'ing Konstantine here too to see if there's
some magic for b4 to say "look, I pointed you to a msg-id that is
clearly a new series, don't walk all the way up and then take patches
from a completely different one.

Oh well. I guess I should just have not been lazy and done a
cover-letter and a whole new thread.

My bad.

Konstantin, please help me look like less of a tool?

Linus