Re: 6.0.0-RC kernels trigger Firefox snap bug with 6.0.0-rc3 through 6.0.0-rc7

From: Bagas Sanjaya
Date: Fri Oct 14 2022 - 08:28:47 EST

On 10/14/22 17:32, Mirsad Todorovac wrote:
> I tried the "make localmodconfig" and provided the default answers ([ENTER]) to all questions
> the script asked as advised here: https://www.stolaf.edu/people/rab/os/linux-compile.html .
>
> However, though it built much faster, the stripped version did not trigger the bug.
>
> I am now trying to reproduce the bug with v6.0-rc[123] with config-{051913,060000}.
> This brings a lot of combinations, and though I am a newbie, I noticed that build scripts
> start with "make clean" for both deb-pkg and rpm-pkg.
>
> Is there a way to rebuild only the stuff that changed between the versions?

You can try building kernel with ccache enabled. However, you'll need
to unset build timestamp, since it will make builds non-deterministic:

make CC="ccache gcc" KBUILD_BUILD_TIMESTAMP=""

The first ccache build will be slower than normal build, because the
object files needs to be written twice (to the output directory and
to the cache), though.

Thanks.

--
An old man doll... just what I always wanted! - Clara