Re: 6.0.0-RC kernels trigger Firefox snap bug with 6.0.0-rc3 through 6.0.0-rc7

From: Mirsad Todorovac
Date: Fri Oct 14 2022 - 06:33:08 EST

Hi everybody,

On 10/13/22 15:24, Mirsad Goran Todorovac wrote:

Thank you for the instruction for how to shorten the bisection time. My fastest build was almost 2 hours.

This bug did appear with the mainline Ubuntu's and ElRepo's 6.0.0 kernels, however not with the
/usr/bin/firefox build, but only that using snapd, squashfs and /snap/bin/firefox ...

The Firefox 91.x esr was unaffected, indeed, in a couple of days of testing its work (on AL).

However, please not that this bug is no deterministic, and that it can take from a couple of hours
to an overnight work to manifest.

The "make localmodconfig" feature will probably help reducing the build time, but I am also doing
my day job stuff which by the Murphy's law surged right now ...

You second request, to reproduce with Firefox from the dev site, is as you will understand impossible
to meet: the bug occurred only with Firefox 104.x and 105.0.1, 105.0.2, 105.0.3 in Ubuntu snap
release (and the snap release guest installed at AlmaLinux, the CentOS fork).

I was able to confirm that AppArmor doesn't affect behaviour once the Firefox misbehaves.
After starting to crash tabs and refusing to connect to the Internet from inside Yahoo mail (Chrome
simultaneously connected), then it complained about libmozsandbox.so version and Verneed record.

-Mirsad