Re: BUG: 6.0.0-RC kernels trigger Firefox snap bug with 6.0.0-rc3 through 6.0.0-rc7

From: Mirsad Todorovac
Date: Fri Sep 30 2022 - 07:52:26 EST

On 9/30/2022 1:21 PM, Slade Watkins wrote:
Hi,

On Sep 30, 2022, at 6:48 AM, Mirsad Todorovac <mirsad.todorovac@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

I can confirm this bug also on AlmaLinux (CentOS fork) with snapd version 105.0.1 of
Firefox.

After some time, tabs started crashing, but restarting Firefox binary was after that
unsuccessful, giving the message:

[marvin@pc-mtodorov ~]$ /snap/bin/firefox &
[1] 137734
[marvin@pc-mtodorov ~]$ /bin/bash: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2: unsupported version 0 of Verdef record
/bin/bash: error while loading shared libraries: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2: unsupported version 0 of Verneed record

[1]+ Exit 127 /snap/bin/firefox
[marvin@pc-mtodorov ~]$
Did you report this to the folks at Mozilla?

Best,

-srw

Hi Slade,

Thank you for your message.

No, I did not think that it was a problem with Firefox snap build 104.x or 105.0.1, because with the
older 5.19.x line of kernels it works perfectly, without any crashed tabs or refusing to start.

After a reboot of OS, Firefox works again, but only for a stochastic, undetermined amount of time.
Once it gets "Tabs crashed" errors, it is impossible to restart until the next reboot.

The non-snap Firefox 91.x esr so far did not exhibit this problem, but the testing results are insufficient.

Kind regards,
mt

--
Mirsad Todorovac