Re: [syzbot] kernel BUG in vhost_get_vq_desc

From: Stefano Garzarella
Date: Mon Feb 21 2022 - 08:45:26 EST

On Mon, Feb 21, 2022 at 09:36:46PM +0800, Hillf Danton wrote:
Hey Stefano,

On Mon, 21 Feb 2022 14:09:26 +0100 Stefano Garzarella wrote:
It seems that this patch [1] should fix also this issue. (syzbot seems
happy).

What do you mean by happy?
Why not feed it to syzbot if it is a good fix, given a test-by tag can
speak for itself?

Because I sent the patch this morning for another report: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=1e3ea63db39f2b4440e0

Then I asked syzbot for this report to test my branch with that patch applied and the result is OK.

Is there any way to ask syzbot to test a patch already posted to the mailing list? (instead of sending it back to it again)

Stefano