Re: Set environment variable `KVM` makes build fail

From: Zhouyi Zhou
Date: Sun Feb 13 2022 - 03:08:21 EST

Dear Paul

Thank you for your trust in me.

I think the following patch has a good explanation of what happened ;-)
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git/commit/tools/testing/selftests/rcutorture/bin/torture.sh?id=a7d89cfb8e1269cb6d22453adba56b8d0218589f
"The torture-test scripting's long-standing use of KVM as the
environment variable tracking the pathname of the rcutorture directory
now conflicts with allmodconfig builds due to the
virt/kvm/Makefile.kvm file's use of this as a makefile variable"

Thanks
Zhouyi