Re: kselftest tree on kernelci.org

From: Shuah Khan
Date: Thu Feb 03 2022 - 17:48:28 EST

On 2/3/22 11:19 AM, Guillaume Tucker wrote:
On 02/02/2022 15:23, Shuah Khan wrote:
Hi Guillaume,

I see these 4 branches (fixes, next, kunit, kunit-fixes) are all
merged into linux-next. So it seems like the best thing to do
would be to cover them with a very lightweight number of builds and
tests focused on what they are about: only run kselftest on the
fixes and next branches, and only KUnit on kunit and kunit-fixes.
At the moment, KUnit is not run by kernelci.org (coming soon) so I
think we could just add the next branch for kselftest. Then
linux-next will be tested with maximum coverage anyway so if
something subtle gets missed with the early tests it should get
caught the following day at the latest with linux-next.

Many things could potentially be done with arbitrary builds and
tests etc.  These are some initial suggestions.  How does this
sound?

Sounds good to me. The things that tend to break are:

- test builds at times due to seemingly innocuous changes to fix
static analysis warnings. build test is good for catching these
-

Sounds great to me. Since selftest patches flow through various
subsystem trees, having kernelci keep an eye is great. This would
be another pair of eyes in addition to occasional tests I run and
Linaro (LKTP) monitoring next.

How often do you send reports - I will watch out for them. Thanks
again for taking the initiative to add kselftest to kernelci.

Builds and tests are run every time a new revision is detected on
the branches being monitored. Then when they complete, a report
is sent. It can take a while, but with a small number of builds
you could get results within an hour. We could get the reports
sent to the linux-kselftest mailing list and your own address if
you want.

Please send it to my email address as well.

Also this configuration is all under source control on GitHub so
feel free to make changes to it in the future as you see fit.

Will do.

thanks,
-- Shuah