Re: [RFC v2 0/4] vfio/hisilicon: add acc live migration driver

From: Alex Williamson
Date: Wed Feb 02 2022 - 12:30:51 EST

On Wed, 2 Feb 2022 14:34:52 +0000
Shameerali Kolothum Thodi <shameerali.kolothum.thodi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

In the v1 migration scheme, this was considered good practice. It
shouldn't be limited to PRECOPY, as there's no requirement to use
PRECOPY, but the earlier in the migration process that we can trigger a
device or data stream compatibility fault, the better. TBH, even in
the case where a device doesn't support live dirty tracking for a
PRECOPY phase, using it for compatibility testing continues to seem
like good practice. Thanks,

Alex