Re: linux-next: build warning after merge of the arm-soc tree

From: Florian Fainelli
Date: Thu Dec 23 2021 - 13:18:43 EST

On 12/23/2021 12:50 AM, Arınç ÜNAL wrote:
Hey Florian.

I'm not sure I understand what's going wrong here. I did everything according to the documentation here:
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/dsa/realtek-smi.txt#L158

The problem is that there is a 'reg' property for the 'ports' node when this node is just a "container" for additional sub-node. This is because the example you rightfully followed to the letter was wrong to begin with. Should be fixed with:

https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/20211223181741.3999-1-f.fainelli@xxxxxxxxx/

And you would need to make a matching change to arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm47094-asus-rt-ac88u.dts.

Thanks!
--
Florian