Re: [syzbot] WARNING in x86_emulate_instruction

From: Paolo Bonzini
Date: Mon Jun 07 2021 - 09:58:29 EST

On 07/06/21 12:34, Dmitry Vyukov wrote:
On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 2:34 AM Wanpeng Li <kernellwp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, 28 May 2021 at 08:31, Thomas Gleixner <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, May 28 2021 at 01:21, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
On 28/05/21 00:52, Thomas Gleixner wrote:

So this is stale for a week now. It's fully reproducible and nobody
can't be bothered to look at that?

What's wrong with you people?

Actually there's a patch on list ("KVM: X86: Fix warning caused by stale
emulation context"). Take care.

That's useful, but does not change the fact that nobody bothered to

Will do it next time. Have a nice evening, guys!

There was an idea to do this automatically by syzbot:

dashboard/app: notify bug report about fix patches
https://github.com/google/syzkaller/issues/1574

Namely: if syzbot discovers a fix anywhere (by the hash), it could
send a notification email to the bug report email thread.
The downside is that the robot sends even more emails, so I am not
sure how it will be accepted. Any opinions?

I would like it. Usually somebody replies _before_ they start working on it, but sometimes they send a patch right away.

Paolo