Re: [syzbot] WARNING in x86_emulate_instruction

From: Dmitry Vyukov
Date: Mon Jun 07 2021 - 06:35:44 EST

On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 2:34 AM Wanpeng Li <kernellwp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 28 May 2021 at 08:31, Thomas Gleixner <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Actually there's a patch on list ("KVM: X86: Fix warning caused by stale
> > > emulation context"). Take care.
> >
> > That's useful, but does not change the fact that nobody bothered to
>
> Will do it next time. Have a nice evening, guys!

There was an idea to do this automatically by syzbot:

dashboard/app: notify bug report about fix patches
https://github.com/google/syzkaller/issues/1574

Namely: if syzbot discovers a fix anywhere (by the hash), it could
send a notification email to the bug report email thread.
The downside is that the robot sends even more emails, so I am not
sure how it will be accepted. Any opinions?