Re: upstream build error (12)

From: Nick Desaulniers
Date: Thu Jan 14 2021 - 13:07:47 EST

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 4:38 AM 'Dmitry Vyukov' via Clang Built Linux
<clang-built-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 12:32 PM Dmitry Vyukov <dvyukov@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 8:41 PM Nathan Chancellor
> > <natechancellor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > Would it be possible for clang-built-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to be CC'd
> > > when there is a build error and the compiler is clang? Especially if
> > > clang is hitting an assertion.
> >
> > Hi Nathan,
> >
> > I am adding functionality to CC specific emails on build errors on
> > specific instances:
> > https://github.com/google/syzkaller/pull/2388
>
> I've updated configs to CC clang-built-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. This
> should take effect on the next build failure (hopefully).

Thanks Dmitry, (and thanks Marco for updating syzbot's clang).

Marco, can you update:
https://github.com/google/syzkaller/blob/master/docs/syzbot.md#crash-does-not-reproduce

I wasn't able to reproduce the reported compiler crash with ToT llvm
and the reported config, so I assume it was a mid-release of llvm-11
bug that has since been fixed. Do we need to report to syzbot to
close the issue? I did a quick skim of
https://github.com/google/syzkaller/blob/master/docs/syzbot.md, but it
looks like communication with syzbot is based on commit messages?
--
Thanks,
~Nick Desaulniers