Re: [GIT PULL] sound updates for 5.9

From: Srinivas Kandagatla
Date: Mon Aug 10 2020 - 13:06:22 EST

Hi John,
Thanks for reporting this.

On 08/08/2020 01:23, John Stultz wrote:
q6routing remoteproc-adsp:glink-edge:apr:apr-service@8:routing: ASoC:
error at soc_component_read_no_lock on
remoteproc-adsp:glink-edge:apr:: -5

This is an -EIO error which is reported when the ASoC component driver does not have both regmap and read callback and someone is trying to read a register!

In q6routing case all the dapm widgets reuse reg field in snd_soc_dapm_widget to store offset information or routing table indexs or some DSP related id and so on... These are not real registers.

I think the core is trying to read the state of these widgets during startup, Which will fail in qdsp6 case as we do not have any regmap or read callback associated with this ASoC component.

Previously we never had chance to see these messages so we did not implement any dummy read callback.

Adding a dummy callback to q6routing and q6afe-dai ASoC component will fix this issue at-least in Qualcomm case!

thanks,
srini