Decoding an oops

From: Francis M
Date: Mon Oct 07 2019 - 10:58:10 EST

[Not subscribed to LKML so please Cc: me on replies if any]

Hello,

I've hit an oops in an Ubuntu 19.04 Server VirtualBox VM, running
Ubuntu's hacked-up version of (I think) 5.2.18, that's proving
difficult to fully capture.

Am in the process of trying to get the system back to a state where I
can boot into it cleanly and investigate further.

Alas a simple enabling of DHCPv6 in netplan's config for a single
network interface followed by "netplan apply && reboot" is what
triggered this oops and has bricked the VM. Copying over the VM's disc
images to a KVM host for further investigation but that'll annoyingly
take hours...

Attached is a JPEG of what I've been able to capture from the console.
I'm guessing it's probably not enough to go on, but hoping someone
might have an 'ahh, that looks familiar' moment.

Cheekily adding Linus to the Cc: on the off-chance; have admired your
opcode/register state demystifying skills from afar for many years.
Apologies in advance.

Failing that... I'll post back in few hours once I've been able to
grab the full oops.

Cheers,
Francis